Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome to the Bella Botanicals blog! Here you will see the fun, behind-the-scenes details of each event I do. To start off, I'm going to show some pictures from the first big event I did...my wedding! My mom and sisters worked with me the day before the wedding to put together all the bouquets and bouts for the (TEN!) bridesmaids and groomsmen. As for the decorations, I had a mavelous team of friends who worked so very hard the day of the wedding to bring our vision to life. (If you are one of those people and you're reading this, THANK YOU again!!!)
Our wedding was in October, so we took advantage of all the rich Fall colors that we found everywhere! Greens, deep Purples, Yellows, Golds, and Oranges were the primary colors we used. In the bridesmaids bouquets I chose to use Hydrangeas that had dried over the summer in our backyard, and were now a lovely shade of greenish-gold. To compliment those I had deep purple Daisies, full orange-peach Roses, yellow Daisies, and green Berries. My bouquet was a mix of real and artificial flowers - since it was October, there were quite a few "ingredients" to my bouquet that were unavailable. Thankfully we located some lovely, realistic replacements so I could have the bouquet of my dreams! It was comprised of white Stalk, deep pink Peonies, green Bells of Ireland, long-stemmed ivory Roses, stems of wheat, and artificial clusters of Grapes. It was the perfect harvest bouquet. All the men had a cluster of Green Berries set against a lovely autumn leaf; Mike, (my groom!) had the same, but with a sprig of white Stalk added to his. I had such fun planning my wedding with my mom and sisters...it turned our to be what truly inspired me to begin helping other brides acquire their dream weddings. Enjoy these pictures!









This pictures of all my girls and me is one of my favorite pictures from our whole wedding...everyone looks gorgeous, and the flowers and dresses flow SO well together!!
























Location: Sovereign Grace Church, Chesapeake
Photography: Melanie Wasko Photography, Hampton Roads VA

No comments:

Post a Comment