Sunday, March 21, 2010

March

Even though the lovely month of March is nearly over, I decided to start a tradition here on Bella Botanicals...to dedicate one post monthly to my favorite flower in season that month. This month's flower is the Daffodil! I love these flowers; they are the epitome of freshness and cheer. For me, there is nothing quite like stepping outside on a still cool day, and seeing the green shoots of daffodils pushing up through the earth. One spring when I was a little girl, my mom had my three sisters and me memorize this charming poem in honor of the daffodil. It is by A. A. Milne, and is a wonderful poem of personification. Enjoy this marvelous poem, as well as these pictures!
"She wore her yellow sunbonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
"Winter is dead!"
Yellow Daffodil
Assortment of Daffodils

Ruffled Delight Daffodil

Variegated Daffodil


Butterfly Daffodil

Ruffled Doubles


"And then my heart with pleasure fills, and dances with the daffodils..."
William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment